Sportsmans Warehouse Braggin' Board
Share your pictures of your outdoor pursuits!
Drop off your 4x6 photos and stories to our local office at 6720 N Division Street, Spokane WA
or post online at www.Sportsmanswarehouse.com. Contact Us at 509-487-0700
Tip of the Week
By: Reggie Blacke
Red hooks are becoming a popular choice among Anglers since red is the first color to disappear in water therefore hiding your hook!
- Cda/North Fork: Good – You can catch fish anywhere you look!
- Clark Fork: Good – Fishing has been tough. The river has a lot of color making it hard for fish to see flies
- Clearwater: Fair – Spring Chinook Salmon season is open!
- Columbia: Good – Walleye fishing has increased with fish ranging from 20-28”
- Grand Ronde: Fair – Quite a few smallmouth bass are being caught. Single pointed, barbless hooks only
- Spokane River: Fair - The lower section opens June 1 and the upper section opens June 4
- Snake River: Good – Smallmouth bass are biting well and a few sturgeon have been caught
- St Joe River: Good – Fishing has picked up. March browns and drakes have produced the biggest fish
- Yakima: Good – Fish activity has picked up, try early morning to noon
- Rocky Ford: Good – Fishing has been great!
- Amber Lake: Good - Fishing has been good with fish averaging 16-20”
- Badger/Williams: Good - Fishing has slowed since opening weekend
- Banks Lake: Good – Walleye fishing is increasing with fish being caught in about 10-15’ of water
- Clear Lake: Good – Catching limits of trout & bass are aggressive
- Couer d’ Alene: Good – Bass fishing has picked up with smallmouth at the mouth of the river and largemouth up the chain lakes & St. Joe arm
- Hauser: Fair – Bass & pike fishing have increased. Kokanee fishing has been good in the morning
- Long Lake: Good - Fishing is tough, look for slake water
- Loon Lake: Good - Trout & kokanee fishing is red hot!
- Medical Lake: Good - Selective gear rules apply, two fish limit. Fish averaging 18”-24”
- Newman Lake: Good – A lot of bass are being caught
- Pend Oreille: Good – Trout fishing has been good and fish are holding in 20’ of water
- Roosevelt: Good – Lots of big trout & kokanee are being caught
- Silver Lake: Good – Bass fishing has been doing well
- Sprague Lake: Good – Trout fishing has been extremely good. Fish are ranging from 18”-24”